Measure G and H Parcel Taxes
Renewing Local Funding for Piedmont Schools
Supporting Academic Excellence in Local Schools
Measure G School Support Tax will be used to:
- Continue to attract, train, and retain high-quality teachers and educational support staff
- Protect instructional programs and services, including art and music, world language, advanced placement, school libraries, classroom technology, and student counseling.
- Maintain small class sizes.
Measures H will be used to:
- Provide additional local revenue that the State cannot take and will maintain Piedmont’s excellent quality of public education by attracting and retaining high-quality teachers and educational support staff.
Fiscal Accountability Provisions of Measures G and H
- All funds raised by the measure would continue to be controlled locally
- All funds would go to our local schools and could not be taken away by the state
- The measure would require independent citizen oversight to continue to ensure the funds are spent as promised
Exemption for Qualifying Senior Homeowners and SSI Recipient Homeowners
- If approved by the voters of Piedmont, under provisions of the Parcel Tax Measure, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients, regardless of age, who own and occupy the property may apply for an exemption from paying the annual parcel assessment. More detailed instructions and qualifications are available on the Measure G Parcel Tax Senior and SSI Exemption Forms listed below.
SSI Recipient Exemption Form
Measure G Annual Audits
Measure H Annual Audits
- School Support Tax Advisory Subcommittee
- Annual Reports of the School Support Tax Advisory Subcommittee
School Support Tax Advisory Subcommittee
On March 5, 2013, voters included accountability measures establishing a School Support Tax Advisory Subcommittee to the Budget Advisory Committee as an independent subcommittee of the PUSD Budget Advisory Committee ("BAC").
The Subcommittee shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Education to help review and project the financial needs of the PUSD with respect to the levy of the voter-approved School Support Tax. The Subcommittee shall conduct an independent examination of the District's budget and related documents prior to making formal recommendations in its annual report to the Board.
Use the links below for more information on the Subcommittee.