Attendance Answering Machine: 594-2629
Confused About Your Attendance Record?
If you are absent from one or more periods, you will save yourself a lot of grief if you take the following steps:If you are absent all day, or any part of the day the following is required:
- A parent or legal guardian must excuse your absence within 3 days by note or phone call
- Your note or phone message must include first and last name, specific period(s) and date(s) missed, and the reason for your absence.
- Oversleeping is not an excused absence.
- It is violation of academic integrity policy for students to miss a class to do work or study for another class.
- An absence must be cleared within 3 days or it will become an unexcused absence. If you need to leave school for any reason you must:
- Bring a note to the office before leaving campus. You will receive a Permit to Leave to give to your teacher. Do not tell your parents to call to excuse you from class for doctor, dentist, personal reasons. A note is required to be excused.
- Call a parent/ legal guardian from the office before going home ill.
Questions about the Effect of Your Attendance Record
How many cuts does it take to get a “U” in citizenship?
- It depends on the teacher. Most teachers give a “U” if you have had 2 cuts in one quarter.
Can teachers count attendance and tardies in my academic grade?
- Yes, as long as they have shared their policy with you in writing.
Does attendance affect my eligibility even if I don’t get a “U” in citizenship from my teacher?
- Yes. Students will become ineligible for all extra-curricular participation at the quarter if 4 unexcused absences in any one class or 8 unexcused absences in all classes combined in a quarter. Whenever a student accumulates 4 excused absences in any one class at the quarter or 20 excused absences in all classes, the Principal may review that student’s attendance, extra-curricular and academic record and will make a determination whether it is in the student’s or the school’s best interest for the student to be allowed to continue in extra-curricular activities.
Are there any other consequences for Unexcused absences?
- Each unexcused absence may result in assignment of 2 detentions, which must be served within one week of the absence