updated: August 20, 2020
Attendance Answering Machine:(510) 594-2629
Your Attendance Record
If you are absent all day or any part of the day the following is required:
- A parent or legal guardian must excuse your absence within 3 days by note or phone call
- Your note or phone message must include your first and last name, specific period(s) and date(s) missed, and the reason for your absence
- Oversleeping is not an excused absence
- It is violation of academic integrity policy for students to miss a class because they are working or studying for another class
- An absence must be cleared within 3 days or it will become an unexcused absence
If you need to leave school for any reason you must:
- Bring a note to the office before leaving campus.
- You will receive a Permit to Leave to give to your teacher.
- Do not tell your parents to call to excuse you from class for a doctor, dentist, personal reasons.
- A note is required to be excused.
- Call a parent/legal guardian from the office before going home ill.
How many cuts does it take to get a “U” in citizenship?
It depends on the teacher. Most teachers give a “U” if you have 2 cuts in one quarter.
Can teachers count attendance and tardies in my academic grade?
Yes, as long as they have shared their policy with you in writing.
Does attendance affect my eligibility even if I don’t get a “U” in citizenship from my teacher?
Yes. Students will become ineligible for all extra-curricular participation at the quarter if 4 unexcused absences in any one class or 8 unexcused absences in all classes combined in a quarter. Whenever a student accumulates 4 excused absences in any one class at the quarter or 20 excused absences in all classes, the Principal may review that student’s attendance, extra-curricular and academic record and will make a determination whether it is in the student’s or the school’s best interest for the student to be allowed to continue in extra-curricular activities.
Are there any other consequences for Unexcused absences?
Each unexcused absence may result in being assigned 2 detentions, which must be served within one week of the absence.