updated: January 10, 2019
Students have 10 school days at the beginning of each semester in which to ADD or DROP a class without penalty. The ADD/DROP policy states that:
- Students who drop within the first 10 days of the semester do so without any mark on their report card or transcript.
- Students who drop after the first 10 days of the semester up to end of the quarter do so with a “W” (Withdrawal) appearing on their transcript.
- Students who drop after the five school day grace period at the beginning of the 2nd or 4th quarter receive an “F”
- Exceptions can be made for:
- Extended illness or injury
- Appropriate placement of new students
- Recommendations of the Special Education Committee
- Transfer from one level to the next in the same subject matter
NOTE: Weighted grades will not carry. Level changes are contingent upon space in the other level class.
Important Reminders for Schedule Changes
Schedule changes are prioritized as follows:
- Graduation requirement
- Gaps in student’s schedule
- Level placement (i.e., Math, Science or Foreign Language)
- Correction due to system errors
Please consider any schedule changes carefully:
- There is a strong probability that changes cannot be reversed after they have been finalized
- Changes might affect other classes within your schedule (i.e., period/teacher changes
- If you change a class, you might be responsible for making up any classwork assigned before you arrived in class
Schedule Changes will not be made for the following reasons:
Requests for specific teachers/class periods