School Enrollment

Enrollment of All New Students

Please follow the process outlined on the Admission and Enrollment page, then follow-up with the school as described below.

The following is required for ALL new students enrolling in to Piedmont Unified School District:

Parents are required to bring:

  • Birth certificate or passport
  • Proof of residency as described here.
  • Immunization records –California law requires that children not start school until they are up-to-date on required vaccinations and this information is on record in the public school files.
    • Immunization records will be reviewed by the District Nurse.  If there are any required immunizations missing, the District Nurse will contact families prior to the first day of school.  Students will not be able to attend school until all immunization requirements are documented as up to date.

Enrollment of Elementary Students

Enrollment events take place twice each year, once in March prior to the start of the next school year, and once in early August before school begins. In March, parents should register their child at the school serving the zone in which the student lives. In August, parents/guardians must register their child for attendance at any of the elementary schools. Notices announcing the actual enrollment dates are posted in the local newspapers – The Piedmont Post and The Piedmonter. Children should not accompany parents/guardians for registration.

Click here to learn how assignment to elementary school works.

Enrollment of Middle School Students

Enrollment of all students is handled by the counseling secretary, who can be reached at (510)594-2669.

Enrollment of Piedmont High School Students

Enrollment of all students is handled by the Registrar, who can be reached at (510) 594-2646.

Enrollment of Millennium High School Students

Any student residing in Piedmont can attend Millennium High School or transfer between MHS and Piedmont High School with the approval of both principals. Piedmont residents interested in attending MHS should first be recommended by their counselors or site administrators. An interview will then be scheduled with the MHS principal to discuss potential enrollment.

Students residing outside Piedmont who are motivated to work in an alternative environment, are passing all of their courses, and have no serious attendance or behavior problems will be considered for spaces that are not filled by Piedmont residents. The application process can take several weeks or months. Students should not apply for an inter-district transfer until they are officially accepted at MHS. Inter-district students cannot transfer from MHS to Piedmont High School, but may take classes at Piedmont High School through concurrent enrollment. In order to remain in MHS, non-resident students must abide by school regulations as defined in the school handbook and PUSD Board Policies and Administrative Regulations. Students must maintain the following: a) Satisfactory scholastic record; b) Satisfactory attendance record; and c) Responsible citizenship within the school and community environments. If these three criteria are not met, the student’s inter-district permit will be revoked and the student will be returned to their home district.

Application packets are available from the Principal, Millennium High School, 760 Magnolia Avenue, Piedmont, CA 94611. Telephone: (510) 594-2702.

Only material shown on this official Piedmont Unified School District web site is approved by the District. The District is not responsible for information placed on other web sites not established by the District that may relate to our schools or students.