Work in Progress
- The turf field is complete and will open for PHS Athletics Monday, 2/5 after school at 3pm.
- PUSD will have security personnel stationed at the top of El Cerrito for at least one week starting Monday, 2/5 3pm-7pm
- Home soccer playoff games will be held on Tue 2/6 and Thursday 2/8.
- We can also open the track for PHS/PMS track practices and to the public
- (track will not have surfacing or lane striping but it will be safe to run on but not compete on)
- (PHS track will be able to throw shot put and discus on Witter)
- (PHS track will not be able to pole vault, long jump or high jump on Witter)
- We can also open the turf field for the start of LAX season.
- Bothman will start removing the temporary construction fencing tomorrow, Sat 2/3.
- The fencing and the rest of the materials and equipment will be hauled off site early next week.
- The 6000 sqft track asphalt demo and sub base and subsequent track resurfacing work will resume approximately the first week of June to be completed and finalled by the DSA Inspector no later than the first day of school, August 12. The entire Witter Field track and synthetic turf will need to remain closed over the summer in order to finish the work.
Palm, Park View, Winsor - Parking restrictions will remain in place Monday, 2/5 through Wednesday, 2/7. The contractor requested this so the temporary construction fence trucks/trailers can haul away materials. All three days may not be needed. Pete Palmer will notify residents immediately if parking restrictions can be lifted sooner.
- Minimal parking restrictions will be needed starting on June 3rd. Residents will be notified at least one week before any summer restrictions are neeed.
El Cerrito - Parking restrictions remain lifted this week through the end of the school year.
As a reminder, parking restrictions have been needed to assure emergency vehicle egress during construction hours. This is per the City of Piedmont Fire Department request
The District remains committed to providing regular updates to the community regarding the Witter Field renovation. We understand that construction is inconvenient, and disruptive and appreciate your continued patience, understanding, and cooperation as we complete this important project.
Click here to see the full slideshow of the Witter Field Renovation project.
Click here to see Pete Palmer's full project update.
We are excited to announce Witter Field is now OPEN for limited use. Field will close in June for additional repairs to the track.
Families invited to learn more about enrollment in Kindergarten April 23rd.
We are thrilled to announce new student enrollment for the 2024-25 school year opened January 9th, 2024! Families with children not currently attending Piedmont schools - new kindergarteners or a student switching to Piedmont schools - are invited to start the enrollment process then.
State rank of 3rd in ELA and Math, and 5th in the state for unified school districts on the 2023 CAASPP.