Beach Elementary Principal Michael Corritone Leaving PUSD

Monday, August 1st, 2022 - Posted in All District News District Communications

Dear PUSD Community,

After eight years as Principal of Beach Elementary School, Michael Corritone, has announced he will be leaving the District to take over as principal for an elementary school in Walnut Creek.

“I am extremely proud of what Beach has accomplished over the past eight years. The support of our staff, families and students is second to none and I am always in awe of what this community can do when we all pull together to support the learning of our students. It was not an easy decision for me to even pursue another opportunity, but having gone to elementary and middle school in the Walnut Creek School District was definitely a draw for me. It has been such an honor and privilege for me to be the principal of Beach Elementary over the past eight years and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to support the learning and well-being of our students..”

On behalf of the PUSD community, I thank Mr. Corritone for his dedicated service to Piedmont students and wish him well on this next chapter of his career. We will begin the search for Beach Elementary School’s next principal immediately. The position will be posted immediately with the goal of bringing a recommendation to the PUSD Board of Education on August 24. The Beach community will have the opportunity to participate in the process of selecting a qualified candidate. We will provide more details as they become available.

Sincerely,

Donald Evans

Interim Superintendent

Only material shown on this official Piedmont Unified School District web site is approved by the District. The District is not responsible for information placed on other web sites not established by the District that may relate to our schools or students.