Message from Superintendent Booker – Alameda County Mask Mandates

Friday, October 8th, 2021 - Posted in All District News COVID District Communications Latest Announcements

October 8th, 2021

Dear PUSD Community,

Like you, I was excited to hear the news from Alameda County yesterday that a criteria has been established for Bay Area counties to begin lifting indoor masking mandates for vaccinated individuals when certain milestones are reached (read press release). While I am relieved that, as a region, we are moving in a positive direction, I want to remind families that this new criteria does not apply to TK-12 schools in California. School masking mandates fall under the authority of the California Department of Public Health. Alameda County Superintendent of Schools, L.K. Monroe, released a statement providing more information. The state will be reviewing its current masking orders for schools on November 1st. I will update you on any changes that are announced. 

Indoor and outdoor masking requirements remain in place for students and staff at all PUSD schools. I thank our students, teachers and staff for their cooperation. With their help, we have been able to provide in-person instruction without interruption, as well as most student activities such as last week’s Medieval Festival at the middle school, and next week’s Homecoming celebration at the high school.

I appreciate the partnership of our families and community as we work together to overcome these challenges and return to enjoying all that makes living in Piedmont so special.

Sincerely,

Randall Booker

Superintendent 

Only material shown on this official Piedmont Unified School District web site is approved by the District. The District is not responsible for information placed on other web sites not established by the District that may relate to our schools or students.