Documents Needed for Enrollment
- birth certificate or passport
- immunization records with TB risk assessment
- several documents for proof of residency (see below)
- A Grant Deed or Alameda County Secured Property Tax Statement showing Fiscal Year and Location of Property, OR
- A Rental/Lease Contract and a copy of the property owner’s rental license from the City, in order to be considered a bona fide residence, OR
- A Declaration of Residency (obtained from Superintendent’s Office – 510.594.2614 or by email to email@example.com) executed and notarized by the parent or legal guardian of the student and homeowner. (Form to be used when living full-time with a Piedmont Resident and no rent is exchanged).
AND at least 3 additional documents which can be:
- Current W-2 Form or pay stubs with current imprinted address (figures may be blocked out)
- State or Federal tax return, with current imprinted name and address, filed within the past 12 months with W-2 forms attached (figures may be blocked out)
- Current Bank Statement with current imprinted name and address, showing activity within the last 30 days (figures may be blocked out)
- Original copy of entire PG & E bill or EBMUD bill within last 30 days which shows “Service to” portion of bill and name and address, and proof of termination of service from former residence (proof of termination not needed for present property owners)
- One major credit card activity statement with current imprinted name and address portion (figures may be blocked out)
- Voter Registration
- Correspondence from Government Agency
The following items are NOT accepted as proof of residency:
A post office box as an address
- A letter from a bank stating an account has been opened in your name
- Telephone bill
- A driver’s license or driver’s license ID
The district reserves the right to request additional proofs of residency as necessary.
Unannounced home visits by a District Residency Verification Officer may be conducted on an ongoing basis during the student’s attendance at Piedmont schools.