Piedmont High School : Achieve the Honorable

Piedmont High School History

In the early 1900’s, Piedmont students attended Oakland High School. By 1921, the Casino in the park served as a classroom while the Piedmont Church provided an auditorium for Piedmont High’s first 389 students.

In 1922, the school board recognized our rapid growth and designed a school for 600 students. By 1929, the new school had over 1100 students. School traditions were established early with the “Highlands” Scottish theme reigning over our school.

Back to PUSD Main Website »