The Magnolia Message – Letter from the Superintendent

PUSD Educators,

As we lead into the Thanksgiving holiday and the season of giving thanks, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the entire staff of Piedmont Unified.  I am quite proud of the staff, the schools, and the extraordinary public education we provide to the Piedmont community.

The last several years have been especially challenging and rewarding, with the implementation of new reading, math, and science curriculum, the piloting of new bell schedules, the roll-out of new teacher evaluation and mentoring programs, and the change in so many leadership positions within the schools and the District.  I know that you work long hours and go the extra distance to support our students.   For all of this remarkable work, I am deeply grateful.

Back in August I shared that it would take “Bold Moves” to achieve our continued goals for student success.  I’ve been overwhelmed by the incredible efforts from so many of you.  Using the hashtag “#PiedmontBold”, I’ve been able to follow, celebrate, and acknowledge your work with students throughout the beginning of the year.  I am incredibly proud of the emphasis on innovation through professional development and a heightened sense of collaboration.

While at times, it may feel that you’re just keeping your head afloat, I want to offer my encouragement that your efforts provide an enormous amount of hope, stability, strength, and character for over 2600 students … everyday!

Your efforts have truly been inspiring.  Best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Randall Booker, Superintendent