Admission and Enrollment

Welcome to Piedmont Unified!

Please review this page for the procedures and policies involved with admission to Piedmont Unified schools.

New Student Enrollment is a 2-Step Process:

Step 1:  Complete online enrollment forms. 

• New to PUSD Families? CURRENT YEAR Enrollment Application (online)*.  Enrollment for Fall 2021 will begin February 1st.

*Note, you must be a resident of Piedmont to begin this process. 

• Existing PUSD families enrolling new students? use the Enrollment Application through the IC Parent Portal as described here.

   need help with the online system? please email or contact one of our schools

Step 2: Meet with school representative for paperwork verification.

After completing the online application, you will be contacted by a school representative for paperwork verification, including proof of residency, birth certificate or passport, and immunization records with TB risk assessment.   This document review and information session also provides an opportunity for new families to get questions answered. Enrollment questions can be made to the following Administrative Assistants:

Beach: Rhonda Brown,

Havens: Melanie Reed,

Wildwood: Christine Petersen,

PMS: Caryn Palliser,

PHS: Ellen Fraser,

Step 3: Set up Parent Portal accounts

Monitor your inbox for communications from the schools including setting up your parent portal account to our student information system.  The parent portal account will eventually provide schedule and classroom teacher information, sign you up for school bulletins, and allow you to see grades/attendance information too.

 Admission for Residents of Piedmont

  • All students who live within the city’s boundaries are guaranteed a place in the Piedmont Schools.
  • Owners who live on Split-Parcels must complete an Inter-District Transfer per Administrative Regulation 5117.
  • A child who will reach the age of five on or before September 1 of the school year is eligible to enroll in kindergarten at the beginning of that school year or at any later time in the same year.
  • Students whose fifth birthday falls between September 2nd and December 2nd are eligible for a Transitional Kindergarten Program.  Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program.  More info on Transitional Kindergarten (TK).

California State Law and Information on Admission to Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st Grade can be found on the California Department of Education website.

 Student Enrollment Policies

Transfer Policies

Proof of Residency

Before the student can be enrolled, you must provide the following documentation:

  • A Grant Deed or Alameda County Secured Property Tax Statement showing Fiscal Year and Location of Property OR a Rental/Lease Contract OR
  • Renters/Lessees must provide, at the time of enrollment, a copy of the property owner’s rental license from the City, in order to be considered a bona fide residence OR
  • Declaration of Residency (obtained from Superintendent’s Office – 510.594.2614) executed and notarized by the parent or legal guardian of the student and homeowner. (Form to be used when living full-time with a Piedmont Resident and no rent is exchanged).

AND at least 3 additional documents which can be:

  • Current W-2 Form or pay stubs with current imprinted address (figures may be blocked out)
  • State or Federal tax return, with current imprinted name and address, filed within the past 12 months with W-2 forms attached (figures may be blocked out)
  • Current Bank Statement with current imprinted name and address, showing activity within the last 30 days (figures may be blocked out)
  • Original copy of entire PG & E bill or EBMUD bill within last 30 days which shows “Service to” portion of bill and name and address, and proof of termination of service from former residence (proof of termination not needed for present property owners)
  • One major credit card activity statement with current imprinted name and address portion (figures may be blocked out)
  • Voter Registration
  • Correspondence from Government Agency

* The following items are NOT accepted as proof of residency:

  • A post office box as an address
  • A letter from a bank stating an account has been opened in your name
  • Telephone bill
  • A driver’s license or driver’s license ID

* The district reserves the right to request additional proofs of residency as necessary.
* Unannounced home visits by a District Residency Verification Officer may be conducted on an ongoing basis during the student’s attendance at Piedmont schools.



Only material shown on this official Piedmont Unified School District web site is approved by the District. The District is not responsible for information placed on other web sites not established by the District that may relate to our schools or students.