Admission and Enrollment
Welcome to those who are new to the Piedmont Unified School District. Please review PUSD policies for admission and proof of residency below.
Student Enrollment Policies
- Enrollment for Elementary School Students
- Enrollment for Piedmont Middle School Students
- Enrollment for Piedmont High School Students
- Enrollment for Millennium High School Students
Admission for Residents of Piedmont
- All students who live within the city’s boundaries are guaranteed a place in the Piedmont Schools.
- A child who will reach the age of five on or before October 1 of the school year is eligible to enroll in kindergarten at the beginning of that school year or at any later time in the same year.
Proof of Residency
Before the student can be enrolled, you must provide the following documentation:
- A Grant Deed or Alameda County Secured Property Tax Statement showing Fiscal Year and Location of Property OR a Rental/Lease Contract
- Renters/Lessees must provide, at the time of enrollment, a copy of the property owner’s rental license from the City, in order to be considered a bona fide residence.
AND at least 3 additional documents which can be:
- Current W-2 Form with current imprinted address (figures may be blocked out)
- State or Federal tax return, with current imprinted name and address, filed within the past 12 months with W-2 forms attached (figures may be blocked out)
- Current Bank Statement with current imprinted name and address, showing activity within the last 30 days (figures may be blocked out)
- Original copy of entire PG & E bill or EBMUD bill within last 30 days which shows “Service to” portion of bill and name and address, and proof of termination of service from former residence (proof of termination not needed for present property owners)
- One major credit card activity statement with current imprinted name and address portion (figures may be blocked out)
* The following items are not accepted as proof of residency:
- A post office box as an address
- A letter from a bank stating an account has been opened in your name
- Telephone bill
- A driver’s license or driver’s license ID
* The district reserves the right to request additional proofs of residency as necessary.
* Unannounced home visits by a District Residency Verification Officer may be conducted on an ongoing basis during the student’s attendance at Piedmont schools.